By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 lb. ground organic grass fed beef burger
- 2 tsp. herbs de Provence, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. organic baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 tbsp. raw pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft. Add ground burger, 1 tsp. herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper to taste. Brown until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl or ziplock bag, add baby bella mushrooms and remaining olive oil. Coat mushrooms with olive oil.
- On an oiled baking sheet, place mushrooms upside down about 1-2 inches apart. Sprinkle raw pine nuts around mushrooms. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Turn oven heat to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon cooked burger mixture into concave half of mushroom, using back of spoon to push burger into mushroom.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan, bread crumbs, remaining herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pile parmesan mixture on top of mushrooms and bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes, or until bread crumbs and parmesan topping have become crispy and crunchy.
- Sprinkle baked pine nuts over stuffed mushrooms and serve hot with a glass of yummy McGrail Merlot.