By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards
Easy Beefy Stuffed Baby Bella Bites
Makes about 9 servings (with 2 mushrooms per serving).
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 lb. ground organic grass fed beef burger
- 2 tsp. herbs de Provence, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. organic baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
- 2 tbsp. raw pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft. Add ground burger, 1 tsp. herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper to taste. Brown until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl or ziplock bag, add baby bella mushrooms and remaining olive oil. Coat mushrooms with olive oil.
- On an oiled baking sheet, place mushrooms upside down about 1-2 inches apart. Sprinkle raw pine nuts around mushrooms. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Turn oven heat to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon cooked burger mixture into concave half of mushroom, using back of spoon to push burger into mushroom.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan, bread crumbs, remaining herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pile parmesan mixture on top of mushrooms and bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes, or until bread crumbs and parmesan topping have become crispy and crunchy.
- Sprinkle baked pine nuts over stuffed mushrooms and serve hot with a glass of yummy McGrail Merlot.
I hope I’ve inspired you to make these easy little bites at home! Please let us know if you do try out this recipe. We’d love to hear from you!
Cheers and enjoy!