Come Taste with Us at McGrail Vineyards
McGrail Vineyards proudly sits high on the rolling hills of the Livermore Valley and offers wine tasting daily! Visit us for several wine tasting experiences or to enjoy a glass of wine while taking in the exceptional views.
Open daily from 11:00AM – 5:00PM, we take our last reservation at 3:30PM. Reservations are available for groups up to 6 people. For parties over 6, please call the winery [925-215-0717].
Book a Reservation
Experience the warm hospitality, vineyard driven wines, and beautiful views at McGrail Vineyards, located in the Livermore Valley. We welcome guests for several experiences including tasting on our panoramic patio, views and vino on our front lawn, and vineyard tours.
We are beyond excited to welcome you for tasting on the panoramic patio and wine by the glass or bottle on our front lawn or in our arbor cabanas!
- Patio Tasting Experience includes a tasting of 4 hand-curated wines from our two estate properties. We offer two menus to taste from: our traditional tasting which includes a variety of wines and our elevated menu that is all red wines. This experience is for guests 21 and over and reservations are recommended.
- Views and Vino on the Front Lawn: Enjoy the spacious outdoor lawn area if the weather cooperates. That California sunshine tends to come out even in the winter, so the lawn area is available when the weather permits. This area is family friendly and wine is available by the glass and bottle. Feel free to bring a picnic and enjoy the open air and views of the Valley. Our front lawn area is open to all, members are complementary and non-members are $10/person.
- Cabana Rentals on the Front Lawn: Enjoy a comfortable space in our Cabana’s on the front lawn area. Relax and enjoy the beautiful views of the Livermore Valley, while sipping on wine and enjoying the company of your friends. Cabana’s are available by reservation and are weather dependent. The cabanas are complimentary for club members to use (up to 12 people), but we do require a 6 bottle minimum purchase. For non-club members there is a $400 rental fee for the Cabana and a 6 bottle minimum purchase. Please come prepared for the elements as there are no heaters or blankets provided. We recommend layers and blankets during the cooler months. Outdoor lawn games are also available for your enjoyment while on-site.
- Walk Up Tasting is available at our front tasting room bar for groups of 6 or less. No reservation required.
- Members Lounge Experience is open on weekends and in our cozy barrel room. We have communal farm tables for guests to sit together and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine. Tastings are not offered in the members lounge, but members are welcome to enjoy this space before or after your tasting.
- Larger Social Events on our Vineyard Patio are available for groups 8-40 between 12-4PM during the months of May-October. These events are held outdoors and are weather dependent. More information available HERE.
Please remember reservations are RECOMMENDED for seated tastings on the patio.
Please note that the front lawn has very limited shade and no weather protection. The panoramic patio has heaters, but the wind can still keep this area cool. Please come prepared for all weather.
Not yet ready to venture out?
We’re offering virtual tasting options and our online shop is always open!
Our online wine shop and gift shop are available 24/7. We also love to host small groups for Virtual Tasting with someone from our winemaking team. Give us a call [(925) 215-0717] or send us an email.