Guest Experiences at McGrail Vineyards
Open daily from 11:00AM – 5:00PM, we take our last reservation at 3:30PM.
Visit us at McGrail Vineyards to enjoy our delicious wines, panoramic views of the Livermore hills, & exceptional care from our team. We look forward to seeing you!
Book a Reservation
Several options available for tastings including seated tastings on our panoramic patio for guests over 21, family friendly space on our sprawling front lawn, and Arbor Cabana rentals for a comfortable spot in the shade!
We are beyond excited to welcome you back with reservations for tasting and bottle service on the panoramic patio and wine by the glass or bottle on our front lawn!
- Patio Tasting Experience is for guests 21 and over only. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL TASTINGS. Enjoy a seated tasting flight of 4 wines, we have both a standard flight and elevated flight available. For groups up to 10 people and reservations required for all seated tastings.
- Bottle Service on the Front Lawn is available for people to enjoy the spacious outdoor lawn area. This area is family friendly and wine is available by the glass and the bottle. Feel free to bring a picnic, but alcohol is not allowed to be brought on-site. Several companies are available to setup “event” picnic spaces for you, but this reservation is for an open space on our sprawling lawn and there is very little shade available.
- Cabana Rentals on the Front Lawn is for groups up to 12 people per Cabana. Redefine your McGrail experience and indulge in your very own private outdoor escape in one of our new Arbor Cabanas. Our cabanas come complete with comfortable seating for up to 12 people, glassware, and ice bucket. Outdoor lawn games are also available for your enjoyment while on-site.
- Walk Up Tasting is for walk ups and groups under 4 people. Available at our inside tasting bar.
- Larger Social Events on our Vineyard Patio are available for groups 8-40 between 12-4PM. More information available HERE.
Please remember reservations are REQUIRED for seated tastings on the patio.
Seated Wine Tastings
Reservations for wine tasting are available on our covered Panoramic patio overlooking the Livermore Valley and Mt. Diablo. Our patio has shade and heaters, but please come prepared with layers as it can be very cool when the wind is blowing or hot on a summer day. Our patio reservations are 1 hour and 30 minutes long and include tasting 5 wines. Wine Club members can taste complimentary and our traditional tasting fee is $20/person. Our patio reservations are limited to adults over 21 years old and we can only accept groups of 10 or less.
Walk-Up Tastings at Indoor Bar
Looking for same-day plans? We can accommodate walk-ins for a tasting on a limited basis. Please head behind the building to our vineyard patio to taste through 4 of our wines. Standing room only and limited to groups of 4 or less.
Front Lawn Picnics
We have reservations available daily for picnicking on our front lawn. Walk up lawn reservations are also available.
Our front lawn is family friendly and open for picnics. You are welcome to enjoy McGrail wines on the sprawling lawn area. You are welcome to bring an umbrella for shade, but please know that when the wind picks up all umbrellas and canopies must be taken down for the safety of all guests. Reservations on the front lawn are family friendly, but we ask that you keep the kids in eyesight and not climbing in the trees or in the fountain.
Reservations are highly recommended but we will do our best to accommodate walk ups. Please note that masks are optional indoors for those vaccinated, but still required for unvaccinated visitors.
Please note that the front lawn has very limited shade and the patio reservations sometimes end up in the sun as well. Come prepared for all weather.
Not yet ready to venture out?
We’re offering virtual tasting options and our online shop is always open!
Our online wine shop and gift shop are available 24/7. We also love to host small groups for Virtual Tasting with someone from our winemaking team. Give us a call [(925) 215-0717] or send us an email.