By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards
- 1 1/2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- I medium head organic red cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Spray a large, heavy-bottomed pot with cooking spray and heat on medium. Add apples and onions and cook until onions become soft.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover and continue to cook on medium for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot or cold with grilled brats, spaetzle, a soft Bavarian pretzel, and a glass of 2016 McGrail Cabernet Reserve.