By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards
Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Makes about 4 servings.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and quartered
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar reduction
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large, thick-bottomed pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil on medium. Add onion and garlic and sautée until soft.
- Add bacon and sautée with onions and garlic until cooked through.
- Add Brussels sprouts and allow to soften and brown slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Add red wine and stir. Cook until absorbed completely.
- Add apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar reduction, and chicken broth. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to cook while covered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and add mushrooms. Stir. Allow liquid to cook out of Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan once plated.
- Enjoy with a glass of our Clone 8 Cabernet Sauvignon.
I hope I’ve inspired you to make this warm dish at home! Please let us know if you do try out this recipe. We’d love to hear from you!
Cheers and enjoy!