By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards
Pear Burrata Basil Flatbread
Makes about 8 servings (4 flatbreads; 2 servings per flatbread).
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz. burrata cheese (2 balls, 4 oz. each), cut into 8 pieces
- 12 oz. traditional naan bread (4 pieces, 3 oz. each)
- 2 oz. sliced prosciutto, or 4 pieces
- 1/2 one large Bartlett pear, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/2 one large granny smith apple, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup d’anjou pear white balsamic (I used Gourmet Blends’ version, but Amazon has some highly rated alternatives)
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 honeydew melon, sliced thinly into small pieces
- 4 oz. blackberries
- 6 large basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay naan pieces face up on sheet pan, about 1-2 inches apart. Place two quarter pieces (1/2 burrata ball) on each naan, about an inch apart. Tear up prosciutto and place pieces around burrata. Top with slices of pear and apple. Drizzle white balsamic on each flatbread. Sprinkle with pink Himalayan sea salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes, or until desired crispiness is attained.
- Place slices of honeydew, blackberries, and sliced basil on each flatbread.
- Serve with a glass or two of McGrail Charlie Rae Chardonnay!
Please let us know if you end up making this pear burrata basil flatbread pairing and if you have any feedback! We’d love to hear it.
Cheers and enjoy!