- Kosher Salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal or polenta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
For the polenta:
- In a medium saucepan, bring salt and 4 cups water to a boil. Slowly and steadily add polenta or cornmeal, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk 2 minutes after all polenta has been added. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat. Add butter, cheese, and one of the minced garlic cloves, then season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
For the shrimp:
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Add garlic, 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, and half of the green onion slices. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add heirloom tomatoes. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and thyme. Cook until shrimp are entirely pink, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve shrimp over polenta. Garnish with remaining green onions and red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy with a glass of Charlie Rae Chardonnay.