DIY Luxurious Five-Ingredient Rosé Face Mask
By Laina Carter of McGrail Vineyards & Winery
Who doesn’t like to treat themselves every once in a while? Pour a glass of our 2019 Kylie Ryan Rosé and keep reading.
Whether you do or don’t have a sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, it’s always important to shower yourself with affection. Like Justin Bieber, I’m a firm believer in loving yourself. After all, you are the most important person in your own life, and really, you can’t love someone else full-heartedly if you don’t love yourself first. Taking a moment for yourself every once in awhile is imperative in being able to truly appreciate life.
I’ve created a simple recipe for a nourishing face mask you can do at home with just what’s in your pantry or fridge. I’ve exclusively chosen ingredients that have antibacterial, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties. Not only will this make your skin feel super soft and smooth, it smells and feels incredibly luxurious, AND it requires just a tiny bit of Rosé, so you can have the rest for yourself!
- 2 tsp. 2019 McGrail Vineyards Kylie Ryan Rosé
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. plain yogurt with active cultures
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 2-3 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Pour yourself a glass of our 2019 Kylie Ryan Rosé if you haven’t already.
- Warm the honey so it’s a little runny. I put it in a small microwaveable dish and microwaved it for just ten seconds to get the perfect consistency.
- Combine the Rosé, honey, yogurt, sugar, and essential grapefruit oil. Mix well. It will be a little watery.
- Stick the face mask mixture in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Steam your face by wetting a folded wash cloth and sticking it the microwave for 30 seconds, then holding it on your face for 2-4 minutes. Make sure the wash cloth isn’t too hot before putting it on your face.
- Pull the mask out of the refrigerator and use clean fingers to apply liberally to your face, taking care to not to get the mask in your mouth or eyes.
- Allow the mask to dry on your face, 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse your face well.
- Enjoy the rest of your Kylie Ryan Rosé!